Wednesday, September 3, 2008

PD sessions

Hey Guys and Gals,
I want to share a few thoughts about the PD sessions we have had up to this date. Personally, I am not very comfortable standing up front as if you were my students. I also don't feel I was prepared to be the presenter/facilitator, as I didn't really know what to plan for. After talking to Kevin I feel I will have a better chance to get ready ahead of time, when I know what our task will be and a calendar of objectives will be established. I propose moving to a setting where we will be arranged in a more collaborative setting, where you are all facing each other, rather than front center as if in a classroom. I have tables and chairs in my room. Any objections to moving?

I also welcome any thoughts, suggestions, or criticisms you have in how our meetings are managed. You can even post anonymously or speak to me personally or by e-mail if you prefer.
TD

1 comment:

Christine Mac said...

I think they are going good so far. I really found it helpful to cut and tape the unit GLETS and I like being in your classroom. I think that it will feel more productive when we move to a longer time period in a few weeks.